VOGONS

Crusader performance

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 44, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ddraw is blurry (at least on my ATI x800) unless I disable DX acceleration.
Opengl is blurry by default since it uses bilinear filtering so you'll need to use OpenglNB for a clearer picture.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 41 of 44, by Karnot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so i finally managed to run Crusader. Runs very good meaning graphics and music, even movies are perfectly perfect. Hovewer !
No matter what i do, if i run it in window - the mouse sensitivity seems to be off scale, i move it a little and crusader rotates a couple of times. Setting mouse sensitivity to 1 didnt do quack. In full screen mouse moves normally, but crusader constantly rotates by himself, with no keys pressed, and sometimes just starts going forward and ignores every other keys.
Anyone experienced this ?

Reply 42 of 44, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yes, I think there is something strange with crusader. Joystick doesn't work at all (for me at least)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 43 of 44, by LÔPÂN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried everything: timedsynch, all cvs builds, frameskip, fiddling with sound config, high prebuffer & blocksize, opengl, ddraw, etc. but only in this particular game, the sound keeps annoyingly stuttering and scratching all over. I also tried GUS to no avail, same problem. I don't know what else is there to do.

OBS.: All other games I've tried in DB play flawlessly.

My specs:

P4 3.25Ghz
1GB
Creative Audigy 2
WinXP SP2

I hate adventures you have to play the role of female

Reply 44 of 44, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have you tried setting the priority to 'normal' instead of higher? For some reason this helped in System Shock for me. I also recommend using frameskipping...but not too much or it runs terribly.