VOGONS

First post, by AlecTricity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After finally getting to run win 3.11 (non-wfw) with standard drivers and cvs dosbox, the video for windows 16 bit 1.1e installer setup.exe crashes back to windows right after it obviously does some initialisation test.

Reply 3 of 13, by AlecTricity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Used a different package of the very same installment of vfw and now it seems to work.

The first install I used was shipped with Holiday Island. Maybe this specific version was brolen.

Reply 7 of 13, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You get them if you specify WHAT you wanna see.

A VFW app running in Win 3.x in DOSBox.

Any video capture TSR compatible with DB63?

If you're running DOSBox in Windows you can hit Alt+PrintScreen and paste it into MSPaint, then save as PNG. DOSBox also has a screenshot hotkey, although I think it won't output scaler effects and whatnot.

Reply 10 of 13, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I meant video = multiple frames added to a moving something

Ah, I see. The only software I know of for capturing video is FRAPS: http://www.fraps.com/
It requires Win2K/XP though, so you'd have to run it on your host system and record DOSBox running that way.

Thanks for the screenshot 😀

Reply 13 of 13, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
collector wrote:

Would the Win32s even install with DOSBox?

Yes, it does install. Though I am not sure how well the win32s applications work in the current CVS (it is some time ago when I tested this). I think that the sample game in win32s installer(FreeCell) was ok, but for the more complex application (Wizardry Gold) I needed a special build with some patches from WD (which were probably not integrated yet and perhaps never will be...).
In any case, it is something like attempting to run W9x in DOSBOX, there are some experimental builds floating around, I guess these may work for win32s...

Mirek