VOGONS

First post, by Virgil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Problem with cd version of this game . I install game under DosBox (strange, but created only folder Robinson with nothing inside) ,then i trying to start game itself it shows me this (with version 0.63 and last cvs from ykhwong situation is same). Under Vdmsound 2.0.4 it gives me this
. Used Sound mode : Sb16 IO 220 IRQ 7 DMA 1. Output=overlay .
Pc: Celeron 1.7 \ Abit SA 7 sis 645 dx\256Mb RAM \Radeon 9500 128 Mb \C-media 9738 \ Win XP sp1.

Reply 3 of 4, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still happens with the latest CVS (tried ykhwong's build 3/8 ), exactly the same behavior.
The only thing the install does is creating a location for saved games, initially empty. If you save from setup you will get start.stp file there.

P.S.Does anybody know how to exit from game ?

🤣 Ever played any other Silmarils games? Just reboot. That's probably the only reason why I still remember playing Metal Mutant...

EDIT: The game actually works with DOSBox but requires a workaround. Before starting the game, decrease cycle count (repeatedly press Ctrl-F11) to about 1000 (may need to experiment); start the game, wait a few seconds, and get the count back (Ctrl-F12).