VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by ZeebaEata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74
1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFEcFBDH6v8 … iew?usp=sharing
2. Copy the downloaded ct-voice.drv file to C:\SOUND\DRV on your DOSBOX's C:
3. Add SET SOUND=C:\SOUND to [autoexec] section of your DOSBOX 0.74 Options
4. Change sbtype=sb16 (or whatever there was) line in your DOSBOX 0.74 Options to sbtype=sbpro1
5. Install and run the game with Soundblaster support!

Reply 41 of 43, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

CT-VOICE.DRV can work w/o DEVICE=CTSB16.SYS and DEVICE=CTMMSYS.SYS in CONFIG.SYS?

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 42 of 43, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Each SB model came with a CT-VOICE.DRV on its driver disk(s) that will only work with that model (it checks the DSP version). That is why it's usually necessary to change the sbtype= setting in DOSBox to match the driver for a particular SB model; however, there are hacked drivers included with a few DOS games that remove the DSP version check.

SB16 versions of CT-VOICE.DRV do not work in DOSBox 0.74, but most do work in SVN provided you use the sbtype=sb16 setting. There are later versions of the SB16 driver that require the CTSB16.SYS and CTMMSYS.SYS drivers, and these later versions don't work with DOSBox's internal DOS, although you can boot real DOS in SVN to get it working. In some cases you can substitute an earlier version of the SB16 driver that doesn't require the additional drivers for a later version that does, but you may also need to configure DOSBox SVN to use IRQ 5 for the SB16 (irq=5).

Reply 43 of 43, by MatchesMalone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZeebaEata wrote on 2017-05-29, 17:27:
Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74 1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from h […]
Show full quote

Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74
1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFEcFBDH6v8 … iew?usp=sharing
2. Copy the downloaded ct-voice.drv file to C:\SOUND\DRV on your DOSBOX's C:
3. Add SET SOUND=C:\SOUND to [autoexec] section of your DOSBOX 0.74 Options
4. Change sbtype=sb16 (or whatever there was) line in your DOSBOX 0.74 Options to sbtype=sbpro1
5. Install and run the game with Soundblaster support!

This worked for me, thanks!