VOGONS

First post, by sWARM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well it all startet with that i tryed to play warcraft2, i managed to install it in windows xp and run it.
but when i enter the game the sound is choppy and scroll is way to fast. thats when i found this grate program dosbox.

i can get it to run warcraft 2 but for some reason it dosent finde the warcraft 2 cd. i have no idea how to mount the game and the cd if any one could help me with this i would become really happy

my drives are as follows

c:\war2 warcraft folder
d:\ hard drive
e:\ dvd drive
f:\ warcraft cd drive
g:\ dvd drive

i am running dosbox 0.65

Reply 1 of 9, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Run Dosbox
- Type the following:
mount c C:\
mount d F:\ -t cdrom -aspi

this will mount your hard drive as drive C (obviously), and your WC2 cd drive as drive D. I'd recommend this as some older games have serious trouble with recognizing cd drives other than D or E (don't know about WC2, though).

Next you should reinstall WC2 via DOSBox to make sure you've got the right drive letter.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 2 of 9, by sWARM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

tnx for the help, i have installed warcraft 2 thru dosbox but it still cant finde the cd when i mount the cd i get an error that says
MSCDEX: Failure: Path not vaild. dont know if that is the problem.

Reply 8 of 9, by Flipblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same problem with Warcraft II. I've tried following the above advice.

mount c c:\games\wc2
mount d e:\ -t cdrom -ioctl

I then get the message
MSCDEX installed.
Drive D is mounted as CDRom.

Warcraft will run fine but will not find the CD when going to start a single player game.

Any help would be appreciated because my wife will kill me if I don't get this working for her 😀