VOGONS

First post, by aethereal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to get King's Quest V to work with the Dynamic CPU emulation enabled? The version I have, which is installed from the 3 disc "King's Quest Collection" edition will reach the end of the Sierra logo before locking up while it is set to Dynamic. I could just try to live with Normal CPU, but then I have to bring my cycles down to around about a third which does actually affect performance in game in some scenes, causing the MT-32 to stutter...

I was just wondering, has anyone else been able to get KQ5 to work with dynamic CPU, or is it a problem that only I am experiencing?

EDIT:
Never mind, I managed to make it work, for anyone else with this problem, just patch the soundblaster drivers with "gosierra.exe"... it should work then.
😀

Patiently waiting for KQIX.

Reply 1 of 1, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All the GOSiERRA patch does is fix the SB initialization speed bug. With DOSBox, you can simulate Sierra's old work around of turning off the turbo switch until the driver had initialized and then turning it back on. Just start the game with low cycles and after the game has started, turn up the cycles.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers