VOGONS

First post, by fedorov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi guys, i juz got ultima7 fm ultima collection running on dosbox, but no sound is coming out...

what kind of sound config do i need to setup wif? im currently using a usb sound blaster card. using dosbox v0.65

ps: i tried using my laptop's default soundcard as well. still no sound.

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosBox emulates it's own soundcards which then output to your real sound card. You can not configure your games in DosBox to use your real sound card, ONLY THE DOSBOX SOUNDCARD.

So look for "Sound Blaster", "General MIDI", "Adlib", etc. and then set them up as appropriate.

For SoundBlaster use IRQ 7, Port 220, DMA 1 and DMA 5
For General MIDI use Port 330.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2006-05-08, 16:33. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

before you start the game (ultima7.com) you have to start the installer with install.exe and then choose the appropiate as DosFreak explained.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by fedorov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi thnx for the reply.

the thing is that when i used the ultima collection cd to install ultima7, it didnt ask me to setup my sound configuration. im wondering now whether i have to somehow make the game 'setup' the emulator soundcard.

i rem when i used to have the orginial ultima7 they did ask me for sound card config...is there anyway to get this option out using ultima collection?