VOGONS

First post, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game is an obscure but charming little game, sort of a gardening action game.
It is kinda creepy, but then again, all gnomes are creepy.
As for the issue, I have tried every button on my computer, mouse and joypad, and I cannot seem to move this guy. Right clicking the mouse gets a menu screen up, but that is all.
Before the game starts, a screen with a number and some flower pits (copy protection scheme?) come sup. Click on the flower pots and flowers pop up. I've tried all sorts of combos, and start the game, and nothing helps.
Maybe DosBox has an issue with it?
I tried running on XP but the graphics are garbled.

Reply 1 of 4, by QuietGuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is working as intended in DOSBox 0.65

gnome.gif

The objective in this screen is to click on the flower pots in the sequence bounded by the number 48. You can find this in the game manual. It is a copy protection indeed. I can't help you on the list sequences, but as it has a lot of entries (depending on the number), just trying something won't help you any further.

Reply 2 of 4, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I get past that area clicking on any combo of pots, it's controlling the little gnome that fails. Maybe that is part of the copy prtection, tease us with a taste of how the game looks and let the gnome die from attacks because you cannot control him.
I also have looked for the manual and cannot find it. I'll try asking for it on eab.abime.net, my fave AMiga forum. The game is an Amiga conversion.

Reply 3 of 4, by QuietGuy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah now I get it! 😁

You get the combo right, but you need to move by pressing the right mouse button and then move your mouse.

Reply 4 of 4, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for helping me QuietGuy 😊

...and for helping me realize that is is a horrible game.
With a idiotic control scheme.... 😁