VOGONS

First post, by K.Coz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm having mega problems with the sound. it's nothing but static, regardless of cycles. i was also having the same problems in LSL7 and Freddy Pharkas, but switching to the thunderboard driver seemed to fix it, however SQ6 doesn't seem to support the thunderboard, or anything but the soundblaster and the pro audio spectrums. and iirc, dosbox doesn't support the pro audio spectrum. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
TIA

k.coz

Reply 2 of 4, by K.Coz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i tried setting the sample rate, still nothing but static. what's strange is i remember running this in DOSBox on my PC just fine about a year ago. flash forward to now and DOSBox on my Mac has these problems. only seems to be the "later" Sierra games (LSL7. SQ6. Freddy Pharkas, etc) that seem to have problems with my setup, especially DACBLAST.DRV hmmm... any other suggestions?

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well you should have said earlier that it's a mac specific problem

It's probably the dma transfered soundeffects being in the wrong endian.
Try changing the soundblaster type in dosbox to something older (like sbpro or sb1)
the the game should use 8 bit sound effect and those have the same endian on both platforms.

Last edited by Qbix on 2006-05-15, 12:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by K.Coz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nevermind... after a little thought (that i didn't have last night), i changed sbtype to sb1 instead of sb16, and it works JUST fine now.

ON EDIT: QBix, you must've posted just as i did, thanks alot, and i forgot to mention i was running on my mac, my bad. thanks anyhow.

k.coz