VOGONS

CD Audio?

Topic actions

First post, by durnurd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Warcraft II comes with a CD Chock full of audio tracks to listen to. Is there a way to make them work in DOSBox? I'm using the D-Fend front-end, and it's got the CD working to the point where Warcraft II recognizes it so I can play the game, but trying to use the CD audio in-game yields no music at all. Any suggestions?

Also, what strange things does D-Fend do that changes the size of the display? When I run DOSBox and manually mount the CD drive, and play Warcraft II, the animations (i.e. Blizzard Logo) fill up the screen, as does the gameplay. When I use D-Fend, the animations are much smaller than the gameplay.

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I *think* to make CD audio tracks work, you have to make an iso out of your CD and imgmount that iso instead of your CD.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

mount the cd using a label... works in settlers2 when you do it like that.

heres an example:
mount g h:\ -t cdrom -usecd 1 -ioctl -label UNTITLED_CD

for the graphics probs in d-fend try a diff rendering mode then surface... say like ddraw?

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website