VOGONS

First post, by tothemaxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the deal-

I barely remember using DOS back in the day and i've reintroduced the basics and got everything running on dosbox no problem. I encountered a few problems with binding dos32a to the ra.exe file - though it still claims its booting in dos4gw. so here are the following problems:

1. I'd like to successfully bind the dos32a-
I had trouble setting the path and getting the sb command to work. I put in the following and sb worked but not to my satisfaction:
set path=%path%;c:\docume~1\dos32a\binw
sb /r ra.exe (under the game's path)

It continues to boot in dos4gw.

2. It will eventually boot up, it just takes about 60 seconds or so but there is no activity from the cdrom. Eventually a prompt will come up asking for me to insert the game's disc even though it's inserted. I'm on a mac g4 laptop with os 10.4.6, 1.5 ghz, 512 memory, running dosbox 0.65 and the liberty version of dos32a. It would be an absolute dream to be able to play red alert on this machine.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get the program to re-recognize my cd drive (i mounted it as the d drive and successfully ran the setup for the game).

thanks!

max

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Open a cmd.exe window and set a environment variable first.

Assuming you have DOS32a installed in C:\DOS32A set the variable:

SET DOS32A=C:\DOS32A

And then issue a command:

c:\dos32a\binw\sb /r <executable>

If you are running directly from destination directory.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the 60 second wait could be because you need to fine tune the cpu cycles setting...

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOS4GW isn't binded with the RA executable. It's in the main .DAT file, IIRC.

I think there's a post I made about it here on the forums. Just search for "conquer + dos4gw" or some other variant.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline