VOGONS

First post, by prismra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using ver. .65, the installer fails. When checking the 'cd-rom speed' it won't let me install because it doesn't pass the speed test. The game has been ripped and mounted and it still won't let me even install.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rocking the following:

Roland MT-32
Roland SC-55 Sound Canvas

Reply 1 of 5, by prismra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

odd, it seems to allow me to install using the CVS ver... : (

Any solution to the constant popping in the background or the slow mouse cursor?

Rocking the following:

Roland MT-32

Reply 2 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

more cpu power ?(ctrl-f12)
or dos32a ?
I'm glad to hear that the installer works now for the cdrom though.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by prismra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried increasing the CPU cycles, changing the SC driver in setup but there is a constant, light clicking noise while playing. Whenever the digital audio plays, you can hear it.

The mouse cursor is an odd one. When the game is run in a window, the speed it normal. After the game plays an in-game movie, then switches back to the normal game, the mouse cursor is at like 20% sensitivity. When you go back to windowed mode, the cursor is fine but as soon as you go full screen, it's super slow again.

Rocking the following:

Roland MT-32

Reply 5 of 5, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just increase the mouse sensitivity in dosbox.conf like red_avatar stated. For the sound Problem: Try using Gravis Ultrasound instead of SoundBlaster (or, if that Fails, try to use Soundblaster 2 instead of 16), that brought some impressive improvements for me.