VOGONS

First post, by Drake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I just tried to install x-com apocalypse. Everything was fine so far. But as soon as i started the game i hear the intro but do not have a picture! And even if i let the intro finish the screen turns black and than:
D:\xcoma
Thats it. 😒 Is there anyone who can help?

And if I try to start it again, after the installation he says:
Cannot open L:\xcom3\xcom3.cfd

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Reply 3 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would recommend mounting D: as C and E: as D, as this is the way some DOS games expect it. Then, reinstall the game from the CD within DOSBox using those mount settings so it knows where to find the CD. Hopefully it should work.

Reply 5 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cannot open L:\xcom3\xcom3.cfd

Hmmm. It seems the program is looking for an L drive, for some reason. Try mounting CD-ROM drive as L: (just a shot in the dark).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 8, by Drake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright I found out that it obviously there is another problem:
Oh by the way it still doesn't work.
He tries to open ..xcom3\xcom3.cfg
Now here is the clue. The installed game on harddrive has a xcom3.cfg but no folder xcom3 und the cdrom has a folder xcom3 but no xcom3.cfg. Thats kinda wired.
Please stay with me on that.

Reply 7 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd say you messed something with paths. You may need to reinstall it again. OR, do check your mounting commands. Check to see if game is seeing the paths as it should.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 8 of 8, by Drake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I reinstall it and again i hear the intro but do no see anything. At the end of the intro or if you cancel the intro by pressing a button it seems as it wanted to start the game it flickers and then you see the line:
C:\xcoma
thats all. i am going nuts here.