VOGONS

A Game

Topic actions

First post, by Ugouser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used to play "FC1" (future classics collection) through the CVS(please explain what CVS mean) from daum cafe site, it worked fine. in dosbox 063 the speed was very slow, not matter that the game is for 80286 maсhine. Now the video stutters both on the 065 and Daum cafe versions, but other games, which need something like 80486 maсhine are comparatively flying(configuring it do es not help)(I belive it's wrong 😅 ).

Can you explain me what to do with the patches, that are avalible from different sites(daum cafe, glukoza, moe's...)

One thing doesn't make any sense to me: what the use of recording OPL commands(.dro files) when there's nothing that could be used to play them, adplug support it only from version 1.5, but version 1.5 is only avalible in source(I don't even know what is supposed to compile it).

The image in the games is building on the background layer, which is switched with the foreground layer after that, it is very interesting to watch how the image was builded, can you show that through the DosBox?

I don't see any difference when I change the pixelshader parameter in Daum Cafe CVS DosBox.conf file, that drives me crazy.

On the very fast machine a 3d game that is running through DosBox shows a lott'a FPS, more than needed, 2-3 times more, mixing 2-3 previous frames will create a motion effect, I think it's cool.

The dynamic mode of the core is the best one, right ?