VOGONS

First post, by steadynow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to get the game 'I have no mouth and I must scream' to work. I've tried VDMSound but there is no picture, just sound (music AND Audio/speech). So I try DosBox ver 0.65 and wow! it works-however there is no Audio i.e. spoken word. I have tried various settings for the audio through the games' setsound driver (some are accepted, some indicate hardware prob) currently I have soundblaster 16 for midi music and sounblaster or 100% copmatible for audio. Please help as I really want this to work!

My system conf is
Win XP SP2,
CPU: pentium 4,
Motherboard: TriGem IM845G (Imperial)
Sound: Avance AC'97 SoundMax
Video: nVidia® Geforce4™ MX 440 64 MB

Reply 1 of 2, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Make sure that SB16 is enabled in dosbox.conf, also check that port/irq/dma settings are consistent between dosbox.conf and the game. I've played this game all the way through with earlier version of DOSBox with only a few minor graphics glitches -- sometimes sprites don't draw all the way, also the player's character may be pointed in wrong direction -- I don't think those are actually DOSBox bugs.

Reply 2 of 2, by MrCynical

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello friends.

After mounting and attempting to run this game through the newest version of Dosbox, I am given the message

"Can't open music resource file"

and then presented with

C:\Drivers>

At this point, I have no idea how to continue. Please, I have been waiting a long time to play this game and all help is appreciated. Thank you.