VOGONS

First post, by h2oz7v

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

Yes, I know this question has come up time and time again, but I havent found an answer.

I want to get the CD Audio working in MI1. I've mounted the cd using -t cdrom and I can get into the game (it knows theres a CD) but the audio doesnt play.

I've got digital sound

BTW, I'm fully aware of ScummVM, I just want it running in Dosbox.

Thanks

Last edited by h2oz7v on 2006-06-13, 12:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

try using the label command... check the readme for its syntax.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried the -ioctl switch?

With ScummVM I was able to rip the audio tracks to MP3s to play it entirely from my HDD.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by h2oz7v

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, now I'm using the new D-Fend 2.0.65 (build 3). (I think thats the new one?)

I've made the game profile and added the CD into the mount with the Label: MNKY_TWN & I/O control on.

This hasnt fixed it either 🙁

Yeah, thats one good thing with ScummVM, I had that working aswell. I was going to mimic that by making an image of the CD for Dosbox.

Anything else I can try?

Reply 4 of 5, by h2oz7v

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ooo! I found how to get it to work!

I noticed that when I went to save the game in Monkey Island 2, you chould switch driver letter / path. So when I went to try this in Monkey Island 1, the game just crashed.

Then I thought why? I noticed that the save path couldnt change from C:\MONKEY

What you have to do is mount the game path to its specific folder and then make sure the letter is C. (And also mount the CD as usual - I didnt matter to specify the drive label and the I/O control)

So mine is:

MOUNT:
E:\Dos Games\Monkey Island\Monkey Island 1

AS:
Drive Letter C

MOUNT:
M:\

AS:
Cdrom Letter D

Now I can get back playing that classic!

Reply 5 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Many games with static config files tend to require that the folder structure created upon install (probably installed in windows right?) remain the same. In other words if you installed to C:\MONKEY then the game is going to want that path, not C:\GAMES\MONKEY as the config won't automatically change. Many older sierra games are the same way.

For future reference, try making your DOS GAMES directory "C:" and leaving the rest of the file structure alone and wherever the games go upon install. That way it avoids this issue.