VOGONS

First post, by SILVERSCIROCCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone get this message? Im trying to run XCOM on OSX Tiger. And I created the directory with all my xcom files in it and im trying to run the ufodef~1.exe file. But no matter what I do it tells me that it cant be run in dos mode... what other mode is there? I cant even run the musfix.dll file in the folder. Do I just need a new copy of the game? I just downloaded the game... I guess the files could be corrupt. 😦

Reply 3 of 11, by SILVERSCIROCCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh your my favorite. Anyone got X-Com they would like to send me? OH any another random question from the smart jappaneese girl/guy wtih the bouncing boobies. 😁 How can I mount a CD drive on a mac, when I type mount c ~/foldername It goes to my user account.. I cant get Back to my drive which is at the beginning of the list. you know like...

CD Drive <want to be here
Hard Drive/users/username/folder name
...............................^starts here

Last edited by SILVERSCIROCCO on 2006-06-15, 16:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you should be able to search the forum and quickly find the answer

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 11, by SILVERSCIROCCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would try but I dont think I'll get anywhere since I dotn know any technical words to search for. Im like.... 😒 Mount to CD drive on Mac... or something.

Reply 6 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Searching for mount, Mac, OSX, and CD worked for me:

Re: Im simply confused

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 11, by SILVERSCIROCCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Aww you guys are my favorite again. Every time you anwser me I become a step closer to playing my child hood games. Taking in to concideration I am only 20... My child hood games are from 93-95 like X-Com. The game I am despertaly trying to play. Although Im testing this all out with Gunship 2000 beacuse I cant find my X-com CD. Now I hate to be a needy question leach. But I can feel it, Im almost there!!!

-Hopefully last question. I load it all up, install the CD from a mounted CD drive using D, to my C drive mounted somewhere on my HD, but then when It acts like its all good to go and says Type, GS2000 to start game. I do that and it says that, MSCDEX not loaded. I forget all about dos and forget what that is. 😢 Any help would be more then appriciated.

Reply 9 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

The DOSBox README.TXT and the guides are a big help too.

60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

Reply 10 of 11, by SILVERSCIROCCO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok cool so I got the game "running" in a sence.... Now what do I do to make the sound work. I dont know which sound options to select when I install it. And that good stuff. Its also running like... Super choppy. The menu screens fine and then i start to play the game and i'll click a button but it wont respond to the click for a little while. So hmm chyea.... still working on it 🤣. 😈

Reply 11 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Some people search for the truth all their life. Some people don't search the forums for answers.

The Newbie's Pictorial Guide To DOSBox
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … eDemandingGames