VOGONS

First post, by jomateix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can play all through the cd 1 without a problem, but when It tells me to insert the cd 2, it says that it can't find the file 5700.csc
The funny thing is that there's no 5700.csc file on the cd 2, so I'm lost. Maybe it has something to do with the weird things that I have to do swapping cds ( the cdrom won't unmount, so I copy the cd images to disk and swap them when it prompts me to do it or eject -m the cdrom and swap cds).
Anyone can confirm me if there's such file in the cd 2 or help me making it work?

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you try pressing CTRL-F4 after swapping CDs?

Also, try with the physical CDs first.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by jomateix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I pressed Ctrl-f4 after swapping Cds. If not done, the game wouldn't do nothing, as if I had not changed cds.

And about trying the physicals Cds, well, the problem is that I can't umount the cd cleanly, as it's in use and linux won't let me do it, so I can't eject the cd without doing something like eject -m (which will yield the same problems).

If someone has the game please tell me and I'll upload my savegame so he can pass to the cd2, save the game and send me the new savegame.

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I imagine that 5700.csc in in one of the game's resource files. Do you have a save game from right before it wants CD 2? If you do, try launching the game with CD 2 mounted and load that save game.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers