VOGONS

First post, by Dark-Star

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there all you dosboxers. I am in dire need of help for a game from the now-defunct company ADDIX called 'Wrath of Earth' or WOE for short. Following is a description of the level I'm stuck on.

The previous levels were, in order;
1.Your drop ship is hit by a missile - you eject at the last moment. You (the player) then gather up five seismic bombs in an icy terrain, battling dozens of enemy robots and the freezing temperatures. Finally you stagger into a battered old train station and board the still-working monorail train.

2.After entering a heavily guarded building, you fight your way to different locations to plant the five bombs and leave the area via a turbolift.

The level I'm stuck on comes next, and it's like this: I come out of a turbolift and get a communication in the HUD cam saying 'the exhaust vents are open, close and repressurize'. I fight my way into a shuttle bay with a small spaceship/shuttle docked there. After knocking off a nasty guard robot I pull a lever to close the vents and find a large door that leads to a section of the bulding with a TON of pipes and three large wheels that I can turn.

So I've shut the stupid vents, but can't figure out what to do next, especially with the three wheels where all the piping is. Is there a certain sequence I need to use, a specific way of aligning them, both? Help? Anyone beat this level?

One last thing: I've been told to use the cheats one has to 'start the game with the WOE TranSend command line'. This has proved to me a 'Microsoft answer': correct but useless. Just how do you DO that?! Any specifics on this would be appreciated.

Until this point I've been a knight in high-tech armor - helping the survivors in any way possible, destroying every last robot, alien, and enslaved colonist. Not once have I even shot -at- a survivor; they have made it through hell on earth for years until help arrived. I'd like to continue that noble cause and beat these *&%^ aliens once and for all!

---And also, the game is giving me very bad dreams (and that creepy music!...) I want to finish it -ASAP- in order to say "there! I beat that game! No more bad memories" and be rid of it forever. So could you please lend a hand?

Give us a 640 x 480 screen, 256 colors, some time, and my own imagination...and we can *still* make exciting and beautiful games for decades to come.