VOGONS

First post, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got this game to work immediately so that's no problem. It was slow at the beginning with dosbox but i increased it to 8500 cycles and it worked very good - except when you walk in the game. When you walk in the game you can click space to make yourself move faster so that you don't have to wait, but when i press space there is just a minimalistic increase in the speed so i have to wait very long time when i walk around and that's not very fun when you search for stuff.

I also tried the game in Virtual PC and there it works almost perfect, but the mouse pointer is the problem. It it is very laggy...

Now i can´t play it in dosbox because of the slow walking and i can't play it in VP because of the mouse pointer.

I suppose you could change something in the dosbox config file but i don't know what to change.

Help would be appreciated!

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 3 of 4, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Increase your cycles
Use Dynamic core
RTFM

I have Read The Fucking Manual and as you saw in my post i have already tried to increase the cycles (RTFPost 😀). 8500 was the maximum. When i increase it more it will start to lag.

My dynamic core is set to "Normal"....I will try the dynamic one.

Maybe you've misunderstood my problem. The game is fully playable, the cutscenes are good and the cursor is good, but when you click somewhere to move then you walk very slow. And whenyou press space you are supposed to move very fast, but the speed only increases very little.

EDIT: The dynamic core made no sense...still slow when pressing space.

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 4 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kukus444 wrote:

EDIT: The dynamic core made no sense...still slow when pressing space.

That statement is what makes no sense. Please, try renaming dosbox.conf to dosbox.bak and try creating a new dosbox.conf file. Inside DOSBox type:

config -wc dosbox.conf

Exit DOSBox and edit this newly created file with a text editor such as Notepad.

Change the output=surface statement to output=ddraw .

Change both the core=normal to core=dynamic and cyles=xxxx to cycles=20000 too.

Save changes and try again. Alternatively, start with a low cycles value; open up task manager to monitor CPU usage and keep upping the cycles (CTRL-F12), until CPU usage is about 80%.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)