User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From magic carpet 2 readme.txt...

In multiplayer games, all the competitors must run their own copy of Magic
Carpet 2 and choose the network option independently from their own PC. The
network should support NETBIOS, which you must run from the command line before
you enter the game.

as far as I know netbios was a network protocol prior IPX, do someone know how to set dosbox in order to use it? I need a copy of MS DOS or FreeDOS?

any idea is welcome... thank.

Reply 2 of 7, by zeden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm i've been trying to find magic carpet 2 for some time... yesterday i got my cd and for my surprise it wasn't working...

may some1 make a torrent for it or share under any p2p engine?

that would b great... cuz it seems none of the actual links to download the game are working

cya

Reply 3 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Zeden. STOP ASKING THAT. WE DON'T SUPPORT ABANDONWAREZ OR THE SUCH HERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 7, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Abandonware is illegal.anytime you have a game on your machine and you dont have a physical copy on floppy or cd it is considered pirated. The only exception is what is considered freeware and when you download freeware you have to agree to the license that comes with it. This site cannot support abandonwarez because it would be aiding and abetting in software piracy.

Reply 6 of 7, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Even loaning a friend a game meant fora pc is technically illegal. It violates the license. people don't realize that when you buy a game for the pc you don't own the game you just bought the license to use it. The government is closing down filesharing sites and soon will go after the abandonwarez sites. They had a big raid at one of the colleges for sharefiling music and people got arrested.This site does not condone illegal activities. This site is only trying to protect itself.

Reply 7 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Illegal and illegal... The illegality dependes entirely on which juristriction you are under. I bet an old hat that there are some countries where it is perfectly legal to load a CD with a game out to a friend.

And there are countries where it is illegal to borrow a game CD, but where some shrink-wrapped, American license on the box is not legally binding because it is too restrictive, or whatever - where the non-legally binding licence makes it legal again to borrow that specific CD from a friend.

Just reminding people that the US of A is not the only government on this planet.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions