VOGONS

First post, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What are some of the best Glide games out there for DOSBox? I want to test Glide support in ykhwong's build and I can't remember which were Glide games back in the day except Tomb Raider. Are there any other demos I can download that will show off that feature?

Robert

Reply 1 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOS Glide Games List

Last time I tested it TR was the only game which was the best supported in DosBox glide.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 11, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't seem to find the 3dfx patch online, or even the Glide enabled Tomb Raider demo. I come up with several links to the "new" versions of Tomb Raider meant to run in Windows. Any links?

Robert

Reply 6 of 11, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm close... I have the vooodoo rush patch and when I ran it, it gave the error

Fatal error: unable to load DLL.

I searched around these forums some more and found I needed to download GLIDE2X.DLL and glide2x.ovl. I put them in my TOMBRAID directory and now I get

Assertion failed: 0, file fxpci.c, line 639
ABNORMAL TERMINATION

which then kicks be back out to the command prompt.

Any ideas?
Robert

Reply 9 of 11, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a specific order of patches or particular version of Tomb Raider that works? I've tried all sorts of combinations and patches and can't 'quite' get it working under DOSBox.

Thanks.

Reply 10 of 11, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, it should work with default game install + voodoo rush patch + dosbox glide2x.ovl. It's also recommended to have dosbox modified openglide - glide2x.dll - in the dosbox directory, but in theory it should work with any other glide wrapper. Do you get any messages in the dosbox console?

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza