VOGONS

Crusade error

Topic actions

First post, by butamigiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi everybody,
First of all I signal I already posted my problem on a abandoned topic, but in the wrong forum, that's why I haven't got any answer I guess...
the original topic is here:
Crusade Error

and here is my problem:

When I try to run crusade, it tells me: "VDFS Error: This Programm needs MSCDEX or NWCDEX so that it can Read the CD-Rom. "

I checked with all the solution I found on this forum, but none is working. To be more specific: dosbox tell me: "mscdex installed" when I mount the cd-rom drive as a cd drive, when it is in a subdirectory, it tells me it is only partialy suported, but in both case, the game continue to tell me the same error msg.
Any idea plz?

PS: I've got dosbox 0.65 on windows xp, and I tried also the label and "isomething" stuff but it still don't work... I've got a P4 3Go winXP, GeForce 7300...

Reply 2 of 2, by butamigiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tryed that too, but still not working 😢 as I said, I looked for answer on this forum before and I tried every fixing I was able to understand...

Thanks for the answer btw. 😊

edit: to ease the problem, I'll try to write down the fix I tried...
re-edit: In fact they are basically all the fixes mentioned in dosbos tutorial and tutorial on this forum, all answers from the same problem looking to be solved by a simple reminding of them...

I notice too that Crusade does not work on my pentium3 win ME neither (without dosbox wich is not installed on that one and it says: "runtime error 200 at 07F2:0091" )