VOGONS

First post, by iamtheman83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally, it's been solved - don't thank me, thank the dude who posted on wikipedia.com...

Firstly, this only applies with DosBox version 0.65. This assumes you've already installed and configured the game (I use Full Install, SB16 and General MIDI)

Edit your config file as follows:

output=overlay

cycles=auto

core=dynamic

mount d d:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl (*optional* - saves retyping).

**note: It's a liitle jumpy at the start of cutscenes until the cycles adjust. But it's nothing at all to worry about because you'll be flying like you should at the correct speeds.

Hope all this helps.

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Soo....the same configuration as any other resource demanding game in DosBox that requires CDROM access.

Wow.

*Above post not meant to be mean in any way but the above configuration is pretty standard.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2006-12-21, 05:52. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't discourage enthusiastic people 😜 But yeah, it's default settings for the CVS versions.

I disagree with the output though: Overlay should only be used if nothing else works well. It doesn't scale well and for people using high resolutions in windowed mode or who have an LCD screen it's useless.

Reply 3 of 4, by iamtheman83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got an LCD and I haven't had any problems using these settings. I tested it for about an hour or so and am extremely satisfied with the playability. Besides, apart from a little "tearing" of certain textures, it pales in comparison to the trouble soo many people have gone through in order to get this game to work as it should on modern computers.

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It's different for everybody.
I use overlay all the time. Just a matter of personal preference I think

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!