VOGONS

Armour-Geddon IS WORKING!!!! .... BUT!! :'(

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Kilihari

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😁 Ok,

Here is my issue. The best game in the entire world, everyone quotes this game as being one of the first games to combine strategy, with a little bit of research new technology to stop the bad guys from destroying the human race type game. The old dos game is listed as abandon ware and can be downloaded anywhere on the net, I have found a super easy place to download the original game from; (link removed). Just click on the menu "Action" -=> then go to page "2" -=> then you will see "Armour-Geddon" on the list. You can then download the game. This is honestly a must play game, out of all the games that I have ever played, this is the most memorable game because it is so damn hard and so damn cool. You can also read the original manual on (removed) website. This is a cool game must be played.

Anyways... here is the issue, when you play this game, you can now enjoy it in full 256 color mode. When you go into the game click on "Start Single" then click on "R&D” you see how you can easily scroll through all of the units? You can scroll from "Heavy Tank", "Light Tank", "Hover Craft", "Bomber", "Fighter", "Helicopter", "Laser", "Bomb", "Rocket", "Missile", "Retarded Bomb", "Night Sight", "Shells", "Drop Tank", "Tele pod", "Fuel pod", and finally to the "Clocker". Now, all of these options should be available in the "EQUIP" menu. It seems as if the mouse is "clicking" too fast and it goes right past all the options, because if you go into the "EQUIP" menu, your only options for Equipment is as follows. "Heavy Tank", "Light Tank", "Hovercraft", "Bomber". It seems bad that the most important options are left out (Fighter, and Helicopter). Something is a little messed up. If you play the Amiga version you can access the "Fighter" and "Helicopter" are available right away. I don't understand this, I truly believe it is something either to do with dosbox or the versions of the games that I have. It is strange though, I have downloaded many versions of the same game and the same problem reoccurs. These two options are GONE.... anyways; if someone could verify this problem, or shed any light on a solution I WOULD BE SUPER GREATFULL! I am trying to remake this game, but I don't know what the ending is, as I have never beaten it. I don't want to play the Amiga version as the graphics are WAY TOO TERRIBLE; the pc version is great for its time. Anyways, someone please help. 😉 Thanks everyone and cootoz too the guys who have put all of their effort into DOSBox, you guys rock!

-Joe.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    Filename
    screenshot.JPG
    File size
    45.62 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 1, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

We have a policy of not supporting unlicensed software here at VOGONS, so I have removed the link you provided.

And I regrettably also have to close the thread. Illegal downloads are often full of weird bugs due to errors in the re-packaging process. It is difficult enough to debug real DOSBox error without having to combat errors in the games itself. If you can find a legitimate download (e.g. a demo) that exhibit the same error, please come back, post a link to the demo, and we will do our best to help you.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions