VOGONS

First post, by Quasi_Stomach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but everyone else seems to have problems with memory, not with the mouse.

When I try to play MOO, it never picks up the mouse. In the same session of DOSBOX I can use the mouse in every other game I try, but not MOO. I remember MOO having a problem with my USB mouse before, so it may be related to that. I don't have a PS/2 mouse to test. Has anyone else seen this problem or have a solution for it? I've tried this with DOSBox 6.0 and 6.2. Do I just need to get a PS/2 or serial mouse? Thanks for your help.

These prezels are makin' me thirsty!
-- Jerry, George, Elaine and Cosmo

Reply 1 of 7, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What version of dosbox do you actually use? There are no dosbox 6.0 and 6,2 versions. If you refer to dosbox 0.60 and 0.62: These are really outdated. Use 0.65 or 0.66 release candidate 3.

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de

Reply 2 of 7, by Quasi_Stomach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sorry, you're right it is .60 and .62. I can't get both the game and the latest version of dosbox on the same computer, because my desktop system (which has the game) doesn't have an internet connection, and my laptop doesn't have the game (or a FDD, to install it). Anyway, the compatibility list says that MOO has worked with DOSBox since before version .60

Reply 4 of 7, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As you are obviously able to go online: Where's the problem to go get dosbox 0.65?

If you manage to post in the forum you should be able to download dosbox, or am I all wrong? 😕 😕

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de

Reply 5 of 7, by Quasi_Stomach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, using a CD I was able to copy the program to my desktop. I still have the same problem with version .65. I don't think it's a version problem, since the compatability list shows that MOO has been support since at least version .58. I've got a USB optical mouse which I thought might have been part of the problem. I've got XP Pro and MOO won't run at all without DOSBox. Any ideas?

Reply 7 of 7, by Quasi_Stomach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep. And I don't know if this is important or not...but the different cursor I get when moving the mouse over the dosbox window (this behavior is most noticeable in windowed mode) disappears when I press ctrl-F10, but it reappears sometimes if I move the mouse quickly. This is not the custom cursor within MOO. That "MOO cursor" just sits on the screen and responds to keyboard commands, but ignores mouse movement alltogether...hmmm...do I have to do something to turn the mouse on...?

Oops. Sorry, folks. I didn't realize that I had to configure the program to use the mouse. It's been soooo long since I've been able to play it. Thanks soooo much for DOSBox!!!