VOGONS

Can't run FIFA International Soccer

Topic actions

Reply 81 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was cleaning my computer and accidentally removed DosBox 0.63 version.

Can Somebody provide a link for me again to download DosBox 0.63
Because it is the only version that works for FIFA International Soccer (CD-ROM)

I would greatly appreciate!!!

Reply 82 of 105, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=52551

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 84 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am going to try to install and run the game one more time. Meanwhile, I am wondering- will the game work (PC CD-ROM) if I buy a customized computer by DELL of HP with MS-DOS program included, will the game run?

I need to buy a new computer anyway 😀

Reply 86 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Look, is there a simplier way to run dos games without dosbox and asking DELL or HP to integrate MS-DOS program?

What I mean is can I just download MS-DOS program from the internet ( like MS-DOS 7.0 for example)? Would it work on my Windows Vista? Would it harm my PC somehow?

Need your opinion, guys.

Reply 87 of 105, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You can't just download MS-DOS. MS-DOS is a Microsoft product. You can probably buy it though.

You can't easily (it is doable, but not easy) install MS-DOS when you already have Vista installed. MS-DOS will screw up your Vista install. You will need to 1) backup everything, 2) install MS-DOS, 3) install Vista, 4) load the stuff you need from the backup.

DOSBox *is* the easy way.

Reply 88 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see. It's just I have only TWO Dos games that I really like that I want to play (FIFA 94, and FIFA 96) and dosbox does,t really help with those two games...

I keep reading that CD version of FIFA 94 (AKA FIFA International Soccer) is supported and runnable by DosBox 0.63 but I can't seem to run it. I tried...

Same with FIFA 96. People say that it works PERFECTLY (read posts on dosbox.source.net) on version 0.70 but I am having trouble there too...

Reply 91 of 105, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What is Google?

Reply 92 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also, I have Windows 95 disc with me. It has MS-DOS 7.0 which is good enough to run those two gaems (as I was told) But I am afraid to install it because it may override/damage my Vista. Or will it just give me another option to boot the system in Windows 95 AND in Vista?

Reply 93 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK. So bochs are search engines? Is that right?
If so, then of course I can download these games from the Internet, but the CD versions are better. And it's the CD versions I am having troubles with.

Reply 94 of 105, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
zelenog wrote:

Also, I have Windows 95 disc with me. It has MS-DOS 7.0 which is good enough to run those two gaems (as I was told) But I am afraid to install it because it may override/damage my Vista. Or will it just give me another option to boot the system in Windows 95 AND in Vista?

It will damage your current Vista install. It will not even recognize your harddisk, forcing you to reformat it and loosing Vista. And when you then try to install Vista, Vista will probably offer your to convert your newly formatted harddisk into something that Win95 will not understand.

DOSBox is easier.

Reply 95 of 105, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
zelenog wrote:

OK. So bochs are search engines? Is that right?

No, Google is a search engine that will tell you what Bochs is.

Reply 97 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can close this thread now. What I'll do is I'll try that bochs, and if that doesn't work when I order a new computer I'll ask that windows 95 and 98 to be also included (because they support DOS) and I should be able to run this game.

Thanks everyone for your support! I know this game (the CD version) is really difficult to run.

Thanks again!

Reply 99 of 105, by jssilva

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Someone with sound working can post your FIFA.CFG content?

I tried changing some values, but no sound yet.

I cant run config.exe in native mode, Windows 7 64bit here.

My fifa.cfg contents:
SFX -1,0220h,07,01,-1
MUSIC -1,0220h,07,01,-1