VOGONS

Reply 80 of 136, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn''t saw this coming, really. GBA and Nintendo DS! Of course I wouldn't expect any modern emulator (not even its DOS port) to work full speed under DOSBox, but it's fun to see stuff like this.

Reply 82 of 136, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haha NDS emulators run even slow on my E6600 - I'm afraid to even imagine how fast it would go under Dosbox 😜

Still, I'll give the GBA emulator a go. The Gameboy emulator was nice and fast (played Radar Mission on it).

Reply 83 of 136, by butterfly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

fellow000mm6.th.png fellow002yl6.th.png fellow004tb9.th.png fellow008zi0.th.png

fellow012qn2.th.png fellow018mq2.th.png

Dosbox 0.72 emulating Amiga (via Fellow, can't get DOS UAE to work because I get SIGSEGV errors) which emulates an IBM-PC (via PC-Task), running Rastan (DOS).
The game isn't playable using this procedure (way too slow).

Reply 85 of 136, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
peterferrie wrote:

ApplePC in DOSBox, for the Apple II nostalgia kick. It's great. 😀

Yah, ApplePC was the best, but Applewin has come a long way. I missed the accuracy of ApplePC though.

Reply 86 of 136, by peterferrie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Neither of them could play Randamn when I tried, though (~2004). Randamn had lots of cool tricks, like z-page wraparound, and instruction timings. To play it, I ended up running an Apple emulator inside an Amiga emulator, under Windows. I didn't know about DOSBox at the time. That would have been an interesting test. I even finished the game. It only took me 20 years. The screenshots are on my site.

Reply 88 of 136, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just found out that what some websites list as the PC version of "R-Type" is actually the arcade ROM running under the RAGE emulator:

edfvGJU.png WyFrJ9j.png

So I guess we can add this one as yet another of those emulators that run under DOS and also work flawlessly with DOSBox.

Plus it's a good excuse to resurrect this old thread.

Last edited by Neville on 2017-08-19, 14:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 93 of 136, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Yo dawg I herd you like hxdos extender so we put a dosbox in your dosbox so you can dosbox while you dosbox

i think leileilol is a pretty cool guy. eh emulates emulaters and doesn't afraid of anything.

Has anyone tried the DOS version of CCS64 by any chance?

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 94 of 136, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, works flawlessly. All you need is a computer that runs fast enough to make DOSBox run fast enough to make CCS64 run fast enough 😀

"What's a paladin?!"