VOGONS

Divide Error in Lands of Lore 1 The Throne of Chaos

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by LORD_DrDeathhand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello lads,

Hey I need some help with this problem, which is irritating the crap out of me.

I am running Lands of Lore1 CD version 102 soo its the last patched version, and running the latest version of dosbox.

I can run the game fine, everything works, music is just dandy, and all, but when I use or well try to use magic doesnt matter if its on my character or an other one, then the game crashes, with the error Divide Error Removing Drive not supported. Doing nothing

After that I have to close dosbox. So I can play the game, do everything except the magic part 😜 which is quite nice in this game.

Soo well I have tried to get it working by changing some settings in the config file of dosbox, like Cycles, I have it on MAX standard and it makes the game run fine but, well I tried to run it on auto, and that makes the game run on 3000 cycles, but still exactly the same error.

sooo I would love some help on this one. Il post my sys specs down here just in case you need them.

CAse Thermaltake Armor 8000A
PSU Enermax Liberty 620W
Motherboard = Asus Striker Extreme (Bios ver 1102)
Processor = Intel Core Duo E6700
CPU Cooler ZALMAN 9700 LED
RAM 2 GIG TwinX2048 6400C4PRO (running 44412)
Graphics card XFX GeForce 7900GTX 512MB DDR3 Extreme Edition
(PV-T71F-YDE (9,R))
Soundcard Creative Labs XFI Music
DVD drive= Nec 5800D
CDWriter= NEC 4570
Monitor = Dell 21 inch Triniton P1100 100mhz refreshrate 1024 768 rez
network card= onboard
Harddisk = 4x Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200ks 320 GB (7200rpm, SATA II, 16MB)
Internet connection = ADSL 8 mbit down, 1024kbs up

OS = WINXP with SP2 (fresh install) and all recent patches and updates from windows update
DirectX version = 9c
Chat programs = MSN messenger ( Ver 7.5 )
Anti Virus program = Norton Anti Virus 2006
Vid card drivers = Detonator 93.71 WHQL
Soundcard drivers = latest version
Internet explorer version = 6.0.2900.2180 with SP2
Mail program used = Outlook Express

GReetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand

Reply 3 of 9, by Unkillable Cat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't see if you've tried, but have you tried changing to another soundcard in the LoL setup? Or checked whether the problem occurs if the game is run in a window or fullscreen?

Also, does this apply to all the spells in the game, or just the ones in your spellbook?

Reply 6 of 9, by LORD_DrDeathhand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok dudes!!

I found out what the problem was, 😀 There is a cheat for lands of lore, where you have to edit main.exe , if you do that your magic and health wont go down, well I did this for magic and 😀 apparently, one thing didnt go right, I replaced main with the origional one and voila, it works again.

Greetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand

Reply 8 of 9, by LORD_DrDeathhand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry dude 😀

I totally forgot that I hacked the thing, 😐 kind of strange though ,that even after editing some wrong info in the main exe 😀 that hte entire game still works hehehe.

Well anyways its running mighty fine right now

GReetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand