VOGONS

Tie Fighter Joystick Problems

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Any joystick should be fine with Dosbox, there are only rare reports of not working joysticks. I have two usb sticks hooked up and they work fine.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I have N64 controller and a Playstation controller hooked up (via usb adapters), so sophisticated will work, too. But as h-a-l wrote, dosbox itself will not use all buttons/axis because you couldn't use more in original dos anyway (not to mention that the games just plain won't be able to use more since they weren't programed to do so)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 24 of 29, by M3n747

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks. My friend recommended a Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick which he uses for Il 2 Sturmovik and some other simulators - do you think this would be a good choice in my case? Of course I'll try to check it out before buying, but getting my friend to come to my place and bring his joystick with him might be actually harder than playing TIE Fighter with a mouse. 😁

<_<

Reply 25 of 29, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

DOSBox can easily be played from an USB stick. No need to install it.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 27 of 29, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Any joystick should be fine with Dosbox, there are only rare reports of not working joysticks. I have two usb sticks hooked up and they work fine.

then im one of them m8, cuz im using a saitek cyborg evo in vista 32 (plz dont ask me for my computers stats cuz its not the problem here) he works fine in vista, the game itself says theres a joystick connected cuz he prompts me to calibrate it but then it doesnt work anymore. I've follow the instructions of the "timed=false" value and it still doesnt work. ideias plz?