VOGONS

First post, by Franklinsteiner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get a classic graphical adventure game called Discworld II: Missing Presumed to work and i have downloaded the DosBox thinking it could help me play it, because when I load up the game, the developer and publisher logos appear as usual, but when it gets to the title screen, the picture appears, but suddenly blacks out with a message appearing, saying "Direct Draw, cannot do something-or-other with DirectDraw services" or something like that, heh.
I figured this had something to do with the fact it wasn't running on an MS-DOS-based machine (I got Windows XP). Could anyone help me? The tutorials in the Guides section are confusing and speak of login names and stuff like that....

I downloaded the very first downloadablre choice on the website's Download section (windows).

Reply 2 of 2, by flux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, you could wait untill scummVM supports The dicworld series (there working on it 😀 .) Are there any graphical options in the setup? Have you tryed using a front-end for dosbox? Thats how I got it working on xp.

Bernard: You have a machine whose sole function is producing toxic waste?
Dr. Fred: You can't have a high-tech laboratory like this and NOT spew poisonous filth! All the other mad scientists would laugh!