VOGONS

First post, by Blue Eden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey I just got Dosbox and Fantasy Empires last night and I started up a game, the sound didn't work but I managed to fix that and the game seemed to be working fine. But then when another empire finally got close enough to attack me the battle played way too fast for me to do anything and I got instantly wiped out. This kept happening over and over and I tried reducing the cycle rate outside the game down to as low as 5 and the in game cpu % down to as low as 5% too (If I lower it to 1% the game crashes). I'm really not sure what else to do other than that I'm running on Windows XP and am not really sure about my computer specs. I have a pentium 4 and 512mb of ram I think, not sure about anything else.

Reply 1 of 1, by SocietalEclipse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you have cycles as "auto" it uses max in combat and the battle is over in a blink. Core = auto, cycles = 10000 ~ 12000 works fine for combat. Note it will slow down when lots of enemies are on the screen and speed up when you're fairly alone and that was original behavior back on my 386.