VOGONS

First post, by urbantaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤐 ok i know this forum is for games. I however have an application problem. I have tried dosbox and it works up until a point for me. I need to print to a usb printer which can be solved by using dos2usb my problem is when i network the app which is supposed to work in pure dos it crashes on every user after the first. Is there any settings i can use to make this work. I work for about a week and then nothing. I need help this is for a customer and they as well as i am are getting frustrated. The company that produced the app was supposed to make a windows version but they abandoned that project so now we are stuck with this until we can find a decent app to replace it. So all this to explain i am in a hole and in need of help. The error i get when others try to login is a type mismatch. Please help

Reply 3 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

By the way, did you know you can print to an usb printer as if it was just a common old ms-dos printers? At least, you can if you're using WinXP (don't know about Vista).

Try something like this:

+ Enable printer sharing. Name the shared printer.

+ Open a ms-dos window (cmd.exe) and type in:

net use lpt1: \\your-network-name\shared-printer-name /persistent:yes

That will allow you printing to lpt1 and redirecting the flow of data to your real printer.

You could use this in conjunction with modified parallel access DOSBox H-a-l-9000 mentioned.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)