VOGONS

Ecstatica 2 - can run under GUS-emulation?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all...
I have an ISO full version of Ecstatica 2. And I can't force this game to run under GUS-emulation. First, I describe my problem:
I've mounted ISO, then I try to run "ultramid.exe" and after "install.bat". The installation starts, and the installer ask me about my music card. I answer "Gravis Ultrasound" and the installation is continued. Everything runs ok. After installation starts intro and I see message "integer divide by 0, error R6003". And the game hangs...
I've read posts about this error, but in my opinion, this error isn't caused (in this game) by too high cycles, but by GUS-emulation. When during installation I set Soundblaster as my music card, everything runs ok. It doesn't matter or I set 2000 cycles, or 30000 cycles - everything runs ok.
I can't understand this, has anybody here forced this game to run under GUS-emulation?

Reply 1 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try disabling all the other sound devices in your DOSBox config.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No you cannot bump this thread.
Necroposting in a nine years old thread is very bad and necroposting just because it is about the same game is even worse.
This thread was about Ecstatica 2 and GUS emulation. You have a different problem.
Thread locked

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper