Smiling Spectre can you stop supposing and finally check it ?
There is several problems with that. 😀
1. I want to Daggerfall CD working as it should. That was not available when I checked it last time. And I checked it as recoded CUE/BIN image (that was on my HDD from 2008), original MDS/MDF that I made in first time, and tested it in -t CDROM -usecd -ioctl mode and in simple -t CDROM. Both modes didn't give me needed result so I wrote here. I didn't think that any other mode (like mounting CD directly from the DOSBox) could give me another results - but it is irrelevant actually, because my main purpose is not playing DF (I can do it now with some or other trick), but making DOSBox working "right".
But as I can theoretocally be wrong in most forementioned points, I underlined every time that everything here only my supposing, and not directions, hard facts or what else. 😀
2. Main problem with quick check is that my games at home and internet writing is on work. So I read at one time and check at another. That adds whole new level for supposing. 🙁
Sorry for all this offtopic.
as long as the -t cdrom flag is present the label set function will be aware of not making it all uppercase. for cdroms we read the the first sectors of the cdrom to find the label. so we should get the real label from DT as well. Given that lowlevel access is available
Hmm. Strange. I have DOSBox tuned to made -ioctl from the start, and it gave me access to CD. But I didn't checked it... long ago, can't remember how far. Ok, I will check my settings for that. Sorry beforehand for all this idle chatting if in result it will becomes problems with my settings. 🙁
Qbix, something in DOSBox still not work.
1. I use DOSBox 0.73 (I checked also ykhwong's tweaked 0.72 - no difference).
2. I tried DT-mount and direct DOSBox image mount (darn, I forgot again to check real disk mount 🙁
2.1. For DT I used simple -t CDROM and advanced -ioctl, -usecd.
2.2. For imgmount I used CUE/BIN and ISO.
3. Every time it was "real" CD-ROM letter - it's letter I, from that I installed DF under XP and reinstall later from DOSBox. It is first CD-letter (second is Z).
Every time I can see content of CD under DOSBox, and every time DF keeps saying "it is wrong disk, insert original one". When disk simply absent, DF says "no disk, insert it".
Also every image recognized under XP, and simple mount with -label DAGGERFALL under DOSBox instantly resolves issue too.
Stop! Are you said before, that MSCDEX NOT made it uppercase?! Last time, as I understand, it was taken as error? 😀
Oh, forgot it, I read carefully, and it seems, it must not made it uppercase. Oooh. Now I don't understand anything. 🙁