VOGONS

First post, by Popcorn Coolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not new to DOS but I am new to DOS Box. A few games DOS games of mine have music tracks on the optical disk. These games are Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage and Blood.

How do I get these tracks to play off of the CD while I run the game in DOS box?

Reply 2 of 4, by Popcorn Coolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind. I figured it out. I tried the same thing before but it just didn't work. Now it does.

1. Mount D D:\ -t cdrom
2. Mount c C:\directory\sub-directory (C:\Games\redneck)
3. C:
4. Execute (RR)

Reply 3 of 4, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could you elucidate how you got it to work? I've tried mounting the One Unit Whole Blood CD-Rom to be greeted by a CD-Rom initialized and audio tracks found notification in Blood but upon entering the game, I could not hear any CD audio at all even though I had already made sure to throttle the option to the max level.

Reply 4 of 4, by Popcorn Coolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My computer has ben down. Ethernet adapter went bad and I wasn't in a hurry to replace it.

Anyway...

I would enter

Z:>mount d d:\ -t cdrom (enter)
Z:>mount c c:\Games\Blood (enter)
Z:>c: (enter)
C:\games\Blood

I had the same problem you were haveing with my SB audigy but my generic onboard WDM works fine. For me the tracks don't repeat, they play once then quit playing. So I have to reload a map or wait till the next map if I want to hear the on disk music. Only a few of the on disc tracks are desirable. So really the on file music is fine. Some of it is actually better than what is on the disc.