VOGONS

First post, by android927

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi. when i play need for speed se (the origanal) on dosbox, the game works fine, but the ingame videos (like the car videos, or the ones that play when you get arrested) are all screwed up. when one plays, the screen is black exept for a bar of flashing lights at the top of the screen. how do i fix it?

thanks,

-android927

Reply 2 of 5, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also have Need For Speed Special Edition (CD) and I get the exact same problem...

The funny thing is that the INTRO movie plays damn fine, only the movies in the menu and ingame get screwed up.

To developers:

Is it really a documented issue? Is there anything (testing wise) I can do to help?

Reply 3 of 5, by Sonja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same Problem with the Video some time ago on a real PC, so its not only a DOSBox Problem 😉

I want my MTV? No! I want my DOSBox!

Reply 4 of 5, by madminne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I' ve got the solution !!!

The videos (ALL VIDEOS :-DDD) work ONLY in Dosbox 0.63 !!
I really don't know why. I' ve set up dosbox 0.65 and above with EXACTLY the same parameters in the configfile, but videos (exept the ones mentioned above) are screwed up.

This is what I used:

frameskip=1
aspect=false
scaler=none

core=dynamic
cycles=38000
cycleup=31600
cycledown=31600

(This is because the menu required less cycles while the racing required more).

I mounted my CD-ROM drive as follows:

mount F "F:\" -t cdrom -usecd 1

(Notice that on your machine the "-usecd" option might require another number, refert to the dosbox readme file for further information)

Unfortunately, dosbox 0.63 doesn't support images as good as newer versions, which means that you have to use a read disc.

Greets,

Mike