VOGONS

First post, by almeath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am experiencing an annoying sound problem with Dark Seed 2 (CD version) running in Windows 3.11 on DOS Box 0.72

Specifically, the first few seconds of every individual "segment" of voice audio will stutter, and then the rest of the segment will play normally.

I do not have performance issues with any other games, and I have basically maxed out the settings in DOS Box on my Core2 Duo system. I don't need frame skip or anything else like that. I've tried running the game in a smaller window and altering the sound settings just to be safe.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and been able to fix it?

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Running the game from the actual CD? Could be a problem with spinning up the CD. Maybe try with an image instead?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by almeath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am using an image of the game - I don't have the actual CD in my drive. For the record, the problem occurs either way.

Don't know what else I can do to tweak sound settings. It happens with both SB16 or SB Pro specified.

It's hard to tell whether its actually a sound emulation problem or something else.