VOGONS

First post, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've downloaded DOSbox (and unfortunatly my floppys are dead so i had to download the game) and tried to mount the image, all's well until he says i dont have enought mem. Well i have a pentium core duo 1.5ghz with 2 gigs of ram so its not lack of memory, i simply cant "tell" dos box to upgrade the necessary mem lacks of the origin games (yes i know he says to make a boot disc but im in vista). Im completly stumped and could use the vets help on this one. If you need anymore info ill provide ASAP!!!

Reply 4 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes a clean dosbox config, and yes i've played space hulk mounted image. pearhaps i should request a tutorial in how to install origin games, how would you guys do it?

Reply 5 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

in fact its only the origin games that are making me thinking cuz i just installed TIE and X-Wing collector's edition (i finally can play them again!!!) its only the origin games that are not working cuz of the memory shortage, how would you guys go around this?

Reply 7 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OS windows vista 32
CPU intel core duo 1.5 ghz
2 gigs mem
nvidia 8400GS
250 gigs disc
Realtek sound drivers

I've done this after putting the game in a folder after i unrar it, ran install and both strike commander and privateer in dosbox say that i dont have enought mem to run the game (which of course is impossibile) Mount orders are:

mount c d:\game dir\game\
c:
install (drops out saying i dont have enought mem and doesnt install)

Reply 9 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm i've come to the conclusion that im not that much of a noob, in fact i did all ok, the games only say that i dont have enought mem, so how to i change those parameters?

Reply 10 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Please try:

mount C "D:\Game Dir\Game"
mount D "D:\Directory\Where\You\Unrar'd\The\Game" -t cdrom
D:
xms
ems
umb
install

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok instead of -t cdrom i used floppy but it worked, not it installed all of it, so im guessing those commands of mem did the trick...

Reply 12 of 13, by DarknessKnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣 bad news never end... did anyone mount this game cuz its missing the exe file to start, the sc.exe , its fully installed now