VOGONS

Warcraft II Dos install

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It works on XP.

It doesn't on Vista, it says "system does not support fullscreen/resolution mode".

And on DosBox on both, it has a strange problem with adress crashes written in blue...

Reply 1 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 6, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm.. strange
It didn't work this time.
And I did the .bin thing of the other topic, and it worked, then I thought it works only when the CD is an image and not physical, and I tried to run install.exe on physical... and it worked!! Then maybe it was buggy only the first time . . . very strange (on vista too!), I don't think I've bad done the things!

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you talking to yourself? This isn't a personal BLOG. If you want help then you need to explain yourself (EXACTLY what you typed. The EXACT error messages). If you can not do this then GTFO.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are you crazy to talk like a dog oO ?!

I can't explain all the error because it's not writable, it's many memory adresses, in blue, with error codes in strange characters.. I should make a screenshot !

I did mount d f:\ -t cdrom
Then d: and then "install"

I don't know how to be more precise, I think it's a bug of DosBox, but what it's strange is that it occured on another PC before but not anymore.