VOGONS

First post, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In the produced avi we get music on main menu, but we don't get it in games, because it's on the cd? how to get it?

Note : We hear the music in the game.. we just don't hear it on the produced avi.

Reply 3 of 19, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Hm maybe try it with a cue/bin pair mounted with imgmount, that grabs the
audio data in a different way. Don't know if it's recorded that way though,
maybe somebody else already tried it.

Reply 6 of 19, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't fully understand the OP's problem, but it seems he (or she) is trying to capture video with DOSBox, and doesn't get music in the captures, although it's playing during the capture.

WCII has CDDA and MIDI soundtracks, AFAIK. I don't know if the CDDA music is captured (the OP should try what wd has suggested), but i'm quite sure the MIDI won't be captured, because it's played "outside" of DOSBox, by whatever MIDI device Windows is configured to use. The solution would be, as the OP already has noticed, to capture the music with a different capture program, and then mix it with the captured video.

Hmmm... Why am i writing this? (;

Reply 8 of 19, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ever head of Google?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 10 of 19, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ever head of Google?

I meant... with DosBox.

If you create an ISO you won't get cd music

You will want to create a BIN/CUE

Why this difference?
Can DosBox do it or I need another program to do it?
Which one is the best?

Reply 14 of 19, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK I did and I managed to reproduce one thing I've done I don't know how without the .bin : Having strange music, it's the music, but played in a different way, like real MIDI ^^ this is recorded, but on the non bin I have both Sound Blaster for sound and music set, and on the bin one too, but the music is not the same 😒 why?

Reply 17 of 19, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could have just set your sound card to record what it outputs then use Microsoft Sound Recorder >.>

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 18 of 19, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could have just set your sound card to record what it outputs then use Microsoft Sound Recorder >.>

When you record using Dosbox you get bitperfect output and even if Dosbox chokes because of the lack of CPU time, the recorded output won't have any of that.

If you record video and audio separately (with the audio being recorded by a separate piece of software), they would easily go out of sync, because the recorded video won't have any video drops resulting from the lack of CPU time, but the audio will have.

Reply 19 of 19, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally I prefer my answer with CamStudio, I don't need to do other work of mix, and I use the same method but with Virtual Box for Starcraft.
It's strange because the sounds are not the same with War2 installed on a Virtual Box machine.