VOGONS

Druid Daemons of the Mind in DOSBox

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Marian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

Has anyone managed to get this game to successfully run in DOSBox off the CD without running it from a CUE/BIN or ISO?

The game installs fine in DOSBox for me, all seems well, the game starts up, but then I am subjected to what looks like a demo of the game that just continues in an endless loop, I then try hitting escape, thinking that will bypass the demo and take me into the game, and this results in a quick exit back to the prompt. No error messages, just a fast exit to no-man's land. 😒

The CD I am using is a retail CD of the full game of Druid Daemons of the Mind.

I seem to recall someone on this board saying that the memories of getting this game to run properly in DOSBox were like that of a drunk remembering a bad hangover, so maybe this is one of those problem games?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 7, by Marian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This isn't the first time you have helped me, and I thank you so very much for this information!! I can't BELIEVE I have been stuck on this ridiculous problem for so long when all I had to do was click the mouse!! Here I had been trying to hit enter, the space bar, escape, everything BUT clicking the mouse!! 😁

Boy, do I feel stupid. But humility is good for the soul. 😉

Thank you, kind sir!! 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have installed the game, using DOSBox 0.74 on my iMac. I mounted the .IMG file using this in the DOSBox config file:

imgmount d /users/Cuttock/Library/MSDOSHD/CD/KA.img -t iso

After the installation procedure, I chose SB Pro for both music and sound.

Well, once I cd to the DRUID directory and type "DRUID", I get an error that goes like this:

CD -> AUDIO TRACK NOT FOUND

LOCATION 1

So there is an issue with the game trying to find the sound effects. The game plays off the CD, because in the DRUID directory created in the installation, I see only a few files. I have tried changing the soundcard options, but nothing works. Any help please?

Reply 7 of 7, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Qbix, you have done well, young one. Since Mac OSX does not mount cues of .bin files (it does work fine with cue/iso), I had to use my Windows XP installation on Fusion to do this, and yes, it works great.
Thanks you. I love these Diablo type games!