VOGONS

First post, by amphibious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to use DOSBox to run ACiDDraw, an ANSI editor and I'm having some problems with the font. The colors are perfect, but the font is goofy on several characters.

I'm posting a comparison of screen shots from OS X and Windows. The OS X shots are on the top, the Windows ones are below. This isn't a great comparison as Windows squashes the font (12 pixels tall, instead of 16) and completely botches the colors, but it'll suffice to at least show what characters are showing up incorrectly.

If anyone knows how to fix this or use a more accurate character set, please let me know! I would even gladly hand edit the font to make the corrections...

Thanks.

jhaq6t.gif

Reply 6 of 8, by augnober

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember seeing lots of ascii/ansi graphics going bad at around the time of win95. Something changed in the font and it disappointed me. Then I eventually started using Damn NFO Viewer, until I just didn't care anymore (since people adjusted and stopped using those characters as often). It makes me wonder if Dosbox is somehow using a win95 era charset rather than a MSDOS 6.22 era charset?

Reply 8 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

thought that was our default page.
maybe don't set any keyb language at all and then it might work as well.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!