VOGONS

First post, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there, I'm getting a copy of Novastorm soon and I'll like to play it on DOSBox. I use the D-Fend Reloaded (version 0.61 I think) because I can easily run games that are on my hard drive.

But can anyone tell me how do I get CD games (like my upcoming copy of Novastorm) installed using the D-Fend Reloaded frontend?

OR

How do I rip the game data from my CD so I can keep it on my Hard Drive and play the game the way I usually play games?

please give me advice and I may give you a cookie 😀
KIDDING 🤣

But seriously 😁

I maybe no PC Gamer but that doesn't mean I hate PC Games. Since I'm a retro gamer than I pray for anything earlier than DOS

Reply 1 of 3, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can create a temporary profile, using your D:\INSTALL.EXE (or wathever the path and name of the installation program are) as the main EXE.

Just make sure the folder you use as C: is mounted as well. Once the game is installed, you can edit the profile so it matches your new game.

Reply 2 of 3, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got my CD today and since it didn't take me long to find the program file I was able to add a profile no problem, thanks for your help.

I maybe no PC Gamer but that doesn't mean I hate PC Games. Since I'm a retro gamer than I pray for anything earlier than DOS