How to install Fable CD-ROM

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 32, by JurjenB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello eL_PuSHeR,

First of all sorry for this (again).

As I already explained I was a little frustrated when after days I still had not recieved an answer to my question, and my other 'co-formers' only complained about that someone not punctuated on his message or something. So what.

So you can imagine my frustration.

But this ADDiCT guy (or girl) crossed the line by miles. You can read his replies in my threads. As a oldbie he should and would know better! Give him a course angry management and let him stop pester newbies like me or there will no one dare to register on this forum anymore.

I will give this forum a second chance, if you will adress this ADDiCT person he will pipe down a little.

Thank you!

Reply 22 of 32, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

a) my recommendation was ignored and "answered" with a stupid comment
b) MiniMax's question was "answered" as imprecise as possible

I'll surely keep it civil and close thread as needed.

Reply 25 of 32, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This more than makes up for the silent deletion (=censoring) of a rather harmless post of mine in this thread.

The problem here, i think, is not me needing a course in anger management (ha ha), but you, JurjenB, accepting basic netiquette and someone telling you the plain truth. My only emotion while posting my comments was amusement, and it just keeps getting better. (;

JurjenB, there's another fact you have to accept: _you_ want something from _us_, not the other way around. I couldn't care less about your "second chance" (Muahahaha!), as you've already disqualified yourself for any kind of serious discussion in my eyes. Playing the drama queen won't get you additional sympathy, i think.

Reply 26 of 32, by JurjenB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, and you're God. What does give you the right to speak for everyone on the forum?

If that is really your humor, then it is the worst and I have ever seen.

If trampling on someone's feelings makes you feel great you are really sick.

And I wanted something from you, that's right, but since I did not get it, there is nothing lost. I finished where I started.

Good luck with your one man show and yourself (you will need it later in your life, or whatever it is).

I'm out.

Reply 28 of 32, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JurjenB wrote:

I finished where I started.

If "how to install Fable CD-ROM" is what you wanted, then you have solution in my post.

wd wrote:

Maybe somebody who also has the game can report if it was possible to install it from the cdrom, i don't have that game.

I have it. In 0.72 no (Device doesn't exist!), in latest CVS yes.

Reply 30 of 32, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
ADDiCT wrote:

This more than makes up for the silent deletion (=censoring) of a rather harmless post of mine in this thread.

That deletion was done by me. That post served no purpose except to further inflame this thread (which you seem to have a tendency to do whenever someone posts something that you do not like).

For the umpteenth time (and that goes for EVERYBODY): If you don't have anything positive to contribute to a thread - STAY OUT OF IT.

Reply 31 of 32, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmmm... MiniMax, i think i kinda understand your position. But in my opinion, sometimes it's necessary to take a discussion to the "meta-level", instead of discussing on-topic only. There are situations where posters behave in a way that's not helpful at all. This thread (and the other one started by the OP) are good examples, i think. Now, what would happen if no-one would tell the OP that he's done something wrong? VOGONS would be flooded by lots of "dead" threads, because when nobody is allowed to take the discussion to the meta-level, and point out possible mistakes made while posting a question, then the post would simply be ignored by the people that don't like the "style" of the original request. This doesn't help anyone at all. All i did was to point out two mistakes the OP made while posting his requests, and explaining what went wrong (from my point of view, of course). I didn't insult the OP, i didn't use strong language, i merely stated the facts and gave an explanation. Now, there are multiple ways to react to a post like that. In this specific case, the reaction was rather agressive and defiant - just read my post, and the answer to it. There would have been lots of other options to answer a post like mine.

Now, the point i'm trying to make is, there are situations when it's necessary to take a discussion to the meta-level. This has nothing to do with actually moderating a discussion. If i understand you correctly, you don't want a meta discussion like i was describing to happen. Enforcing that kind of "rule" would make VOGONS a boring, lonely and cold place, i think.