VOGONS

First post, by Daqar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya,

I have a fully working install of Mechwarrior 2 (31st Century Combat) running in dosbox (ver. 0.72). I think the game is ver. 1. But I'm not 100% sure.

In the training missions 'Hunting' and 'Trial' you have to take a close look to see the lag, but when you go into combat like in 'Trial of Grievance' the lag is very clear. First I tried to press [CTRL]+[F12] and [CTRL]+[F8] to deal with the problem, but nothing happened. After reading the readme I tried to set the cycles to 'max'. That seemed to improve the 'Hunting' training mission. But in the 'Trial of Grievance' the lag is unaffected. Especially when weapons are being fired. I tried to adjust dosbox by pressing [CTRL]+[F11] and [CTRL]+[F7] to see if that would help, but it didn't. I still get terrible lag.

I was thinking that maybe I should lower the cycles and frames. How do I do that? I don't know why I think that would help. But it seems like a workload related lag to me, but I'm not nearly sure.

I'm playing it on a laptop with Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron.
Specs:
CPU: 1.5GHz Intel Pentium M
Mainboard: Intel (I don't know the chipset)
Graphics: ATi Radeon 7500 Mobility
Memory: 1.5 GB physical memory
Video Memory: 32mb dedicated video memory
----------------------------------------------
Is my laptop to 'small' to run Mechwarrior 2?

Daqar

Reply 1 of 2, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried using Dosbox's Dynamic core? If that doesn't solve it, then your laptop may just be too slow, unfortunately.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png