VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by Deadsayer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Upon further examination of that zip file, that is what I found. But it doesn't contain Ultramid.exe. I thought that's what I needed. I guess I'll have to run the install and see what happens.

Reply 41 of 44, by Deadsayer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that's just bizzare.

Upon installing the sound drivers for windows 98 in VMware and installing Tower there (I have to, so I can copy the install folder to my games directory. As mentioned before in this thread, it won't install in DOSBOX) and running the setup, I got the test sound working in VMware. I copied the entire Tower folder to my actual hard drive where I play it in DOSBOX and ran TR.bat...and the intro music actually came on...but I couldn't get any sound in game. Neither slider would move.

Out of curiosity, I tried running tower.exe. Now, for reasons I cannot explain, not only does the intro music come on, but I now have both sound and music in game. At first the music was loud and wouldn't turn down and the sound was really quiet and wouldn't turn up, I could just barely hear it over the music. I quit the game and started it back up, and now it all works wonderfuly. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.