VOGONS

Championship Manager 2 - PC

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by Az

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

So? Then change your shortcut so it uses "MyGame-dosbox.conf.txt". How difficult can that be?

😊 changed that and it comes up with the

Z:\>mount C "C:\Users\aaron\Documents\DOSBox stuff\MyGame"
Z:\>mount i "i:" -t cdrom
C:

so that works now, thanks, but how can i get the game working without having to install it every time?

Reply 21 of 30, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

By using the EXACT same mount-lines when you install it.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 24 of 30, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Minimax, please update your signature link to DOSBox readme 0.73

http://dosbox.cvs.sourceforge.net/dosbox/dosb … DME?view=markup

😉

Klimawandel.

Reply 27 of 30, by drgz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Instead of making a new thread about the same subject I'll just ask in this one, as I'm also trying to get CM2 to work with DOSBox 0.73.

I've read through the 60-sec guide, and also all the other posts regarding the game, but I still don't get it to work.

So far I've tried to change the coretype in the config file, everything from dynamic to simple, but I still get errors.

When i use core=auto i get an error msg saying something about GRP5; Illegal call 7
When i use core=dynamic i get an error msg saying something about illegal action in opcode 0xff.

The only thing I've added in the config-file myself is

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C "D:\games\dosbox\"
mount D "E:\" -t cdrom -label "C2NEW" -ioctl
c:
cd cm2

I've also tried using the cm2fix that someone linked to here in the same thread, but I still get the same errors.

Anyone who got a clue?

If it is to any help i use Vista SP2 and an original copy of the game, which I've installed within DOSBox.

Reply 29 of 30, by drgz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After the "cd cm2" I've tried all the different options that I got, all of them resulting in the same error.

I've tried;

1) cm2fix.com - gives the same error as running cm2.exe
2) go.bat - video is played first, but when the game is supposed to run same error as with cm2.exe
3) cm2.exe - see above

When i run cm2fix the CD starts to spin a bit, but after a few ms the same error is displayed, and DOSBox quits/exit itself.

*EDIT*

I now tried to update from CM2 to CM2 96/97 (I also got the CM2 96/97 update disc), and with that the cm2fix works, and the game runs fine. So it seems like the cm2fix is only working with one specific version of the game, or am I way off?