VOGONS

First post, by Guyper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have the cd-rom version. When the installation asked me which drive do I want to copy the files from, I kept pressing D (I know I mounted it correctly) but nothing happened. I tried with previous versions as well.

WC2.jpg

Thank you.

Reply 1 of 9, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think I had the same issue installing WC2 from CD. Problem is, I don't recall how I solved it, I've simply been copying it from one PC to another since.
I've attached a zip file containing my install.dat and wc2.cfg files. Maybe it'll help to unzip them into your WC folder.

Attachments

• Filename
    Wc2_cfg.zip
    File size
    1.97 KiB
    Downloads
    312 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 3 of 9, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Set SB IRQ to 7 in your dosbox.conf (I' made a new one for WC2 actually). Maybe you'll have to add the following line to the autoexec section: set blaster=a220 i7 d1 t6

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 4 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Xelasarg wrote:

Maybe you'll have to add the following line to the autoexec section: set blaster=a220 i7 d1 t6

NO!

DOSBox will automagically create the correct BLASTER variable based on the other settings in the configuration file.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 9, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The game worked for me "out of the box" (sound and all):
mount c c:\games\old
mount d d:\ -t cdrom
d:
winstall.bat
"Select save game drive:" - picked C
"Sound System Installation" - picked Creative Sound Blaster
"Speech selection" - picked Yes
"Sound Blaster Pro DMA Select" - picked DMA 1
"Correct config?" - picked Yes
"Installation complete." typed wc2 at d:\> and voila.

PS. I recommend creating a CD image. Having the game load data from the CD makes the game stutter.