VOGONS

Redguard

Topic actions

First post, by JKing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game database suggests that Redguard should work in DOSBox, but I haven't been able to get past the loading screen; DOSBox hangs after "Initializing combat...". The console shows a bunch of illegal reads and writes, but that doesn't tell me much. Could anyone who's actually got it running post their confguration?

For clarity, I'm trying the software-rendered version in stock DOSBox 0.73 with memory set to 32 megabytes; everything else is at default settings.

Reply 3 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

64 = bad.
63 = good.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 12, by austin2359

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also, what is the ideal frequency for redguard. 15,000 seems to start it, but once it starts, it has to be somewhere between 30,000 and 60,000 to run smoothly.

Has anyone played with this enough to arrive at the best configuration.

Reply 11 of 12, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It was a hilarious awful idea at the time; it was a DOS game that required Windows (for the installer and a memory manager) but was also 3D. Soooo many people couldn't run it, due to various system deficiencies or the usual giant pile of bugs that came with a Bethesda game.

Groundbreaking in its own way, but they must have been on serious drugs figuring on a DOS game that required Windows.